Power Master Gate Motor Repair Rochester
Power Master Gate Motor (Operator) Rochester
One of the things that can make a big different between a rollup door in Rochester that will operate smoothly and safely with no problems and that won’t get stuck often, and a rolling gate that will be the cause for many issues is a good, strong and reliable rollup door operator. There are many different rollup steel doors operators in Rochester, such as Liftmaster opener and others. And with all the respect we have to the Liftmaster products, which we consider as the best manufacture for home garage doors openers in Rochester, we believe that when it comes to commercial rolling doors in Rochester New York, Power master motors are the motors you can trust to remain loyal and reliable for many years.
In this article we will go over the features of the commercial gates operators, the problems, troubleshoot and we will try to explain why it is always better to invest in high quality motors like the motors made by Power Master. If you would like to learn more, you can always visit Power Master Motors website, and learn about the different commercial gates operators.
Power Master gate operator installation Monroe County
Installing automatic electric rolling doors is not an easy task. It is a complicated process and this is why it is extremely important for the future owners to determine what they will use the gate for, in order to make it easier to determine which one is the best Power Master operator for their rolling gate. They should thoroughly explain to the installer what the purpose of that rolling door, so the installer could recommend the most suitable steel door operator for them. The future owners will also have to choose between different types of motors as well of the accessories that come with rolling gates in Rochester NY. There should be a safety check performed by the gate supplier before the motor is installed so that the installer could know if the gate is suitable for operator installment in the given conditions.
Which Power Master motor is the right one for my gate?
Different rolling doors require different operators. Some rollup doors, such as the storefront roll down gates in Rochester require center basic Power Master Operator, and some rolling gates in Rochester require heavy duty side motor. It doesn’t make sense to put a small ½ horse power motor that will be the right operator for a storefront in Monroe County, which is being used once a day on a heavy duty rolling gate in Monroe County which is being used more than 100 times a day. Also the size of the rolling door make a big difference. You cannot expect a small motor to operate an industrial rolling door for long. The motor wasn’t built for that. Luckily Power Mater offer operators for different gates and for different purposes. The best thing will be to get consultation form experiment rolling gates technician in Rochester.
What is the cost of a new Power Master motor?
As we just explained there are different operators for different purposes. And so for the prices. No one will expect a commercial rolling gate for a parking lot in Rochester to cost as much as a residential garage door opener. The purposes of the motor are different. What important is to get the right motor for you. This is not the time to try and save money by installing the wrong gate operator.
You might try and save money by purchasing a Power Master motor which will be too small for your gate, or not powerful enough, and it is a matter of time before you will need to replace it. You will find that you can replace 3 motors in a period of time that one high quality Power Mater which is the right for your rolling gate could last.
Power Master Troubleshoot
Before we even begin explaining about different problems with Power Master Operators and the ways to deal with them, we would like to start by declaring that a commercial overhead door should be serviced by a qualified repairman. The commercial doors in Rochester can be dangerous, and if they will be serviced by someone who is not qualified for that type of repairs it can end with injuries.
There are several problems your rolling door might experience when the low temperatures in Rochester strike. You might notice some delay in opening of your rolling door, or even the inability to open at all. In the event that a rolling door is not opening, not closing, or any type of problem, hire a local rollup technician in Rochester for the service, and by doing so you will be making sure that the gate will be safe for use once the technician will complete the service.
But even if that it might seem to you like the problem is coming from the operator, know that it is not always the reason. Often the problem is coming from the gate itself. Metal components will contract as the temperature in Rochester NY drops. This is why recommend to use grease which is designed for commercial gates in Rochester NY. If you will use the wrong type of grease, the grease will thicken and prevent the rolling door from working properly.
So when it comes to rollup doors motors in Rochester the rule is simple: If there is something wrong with gate, STOP, and get in touch with a local gate company to come and help you. Repeated attempts to try and make the gate work when obviously there is something wrong with it can make the motor overheated, and even the strong motors of Power Master can break when they are misuse.
What to do when Power Master Motor is not responding:
- First you should check if the electric breaker and the switch are working properly. If not, you might need to get in touch with a licensed electrician in Rochester NY to take care of the problem. (As we said, even if it looks like it, the problem might not come from the Power Master operator).
- Check the power outlet to which the motor is plugged. There are tools designed to test electrical power in rolling doors.
- The problem might be the remote control itself (In case you are opening and closing the rollup door remotely), maybe it’s broken, the battery inside it is dead and need replacement, or maybe the receiver is broken.
- The receiver might be broken: Assuming that it is a Power Master Gate motor problem, sometime the connection between the remote and the gate is lost. In the case you will need to repair or replace the receiver, or reprogram the remote.
- The rollup door itself is broken: If you only knew how many calls we get for emergency gate repairs in Rochester, telling us that the motor is broken. And when we arrive we see that the gate itself is the cause for the problem (As we said, the Power Master operators are very strong). If the gate is damaged, off tracks, the spring is lose. Or the tracks are damaged, it must be taken care of before testing the motor.
Power Master Keep working when supposed to stop
If your rolling door doesn’t stop where it is supposed to, it might be due to the limit switch issue. In that case you will need a rolling gate expert to come and check the motor. Sometime it is just matter of adjusting the motor to the right settings, but sometime it is more complicated since if the motor did not stop the gate on time, the gate can keep rolling into itself and get busted. Like we said, stop trying to operate the gate and get in touch with us for same day Power Master motor repair in Rochester.
Basics & tips about Power Master gate operator:
Here are some tips and rules that can help troubleshoot a Power Master rolling door operator. It is written based on years of servicing roiling gates in Rochester NY. They are not a replacement for the consolation of a qualified technician. All Monroe Automatic Rolling Gates Techs service all types of rolling doors near Rochester NY. It can be storefront shutter repair in Monroe County, or garage door service near Monroe County, our experts can be there today.
- If the rolling steel door does not work when it being used manually (Chain system or push up gate) manually. Before turning your gate into an automated gate, you have to make sure that it can operate normally when it is in manual mode. If it shows any signs of irregular working process, if it is too heavy to lift, or if it makes noises, or even if there are damaged parts, these problems will not just disappear when you turn it into automated gate. Take care of the problems before installing a new Power Master Gate operator.
- Avoid installing the wrong Power Master operator! Using the wrong equipment. Is a waste of money, and can even be dangerous. Never use the equipment which is not specified by the manufacturer of the rolling door! Trying to save money by using the wrong equipment usually end with spending much more money. When you invest in quality Power Master Gate motor you might be investing more money at the moment, but you will be saving a lot of money in the future.
- Avoid do it yourself Power Master Operator installation! Be responsible! Don’t try to install the gate yourself or by hiring a handyman which is not ready for commercial tasks. If you save some money on not calling an expert for the installation, it may end up in a disaster. There are qualified rolling doors technicians in Rochester who should install your gate and who will take legal risks of the installation. Commercial rolling doors can be dangerous. Misuse of them can lead to serious injuries.
- Power Master Accessories: It is really important, as we have stated above, to explain to the installer how and what the rolling door will be used for. This way the installer will be able to provide you with the best solution for opening and closing of your door. Choices you will have are: vehicle detectors, key switch, remote controls, or card access, ground loops and more. There are accessories that you didn’t even know exist, such as the MYQ Liftmaster garage opener.
Power Master Gate technician Rochester New York
There are many more tips that can be written here. After all, All Monroe Automatic Rolling Gates Techs has been servicing rolling doors and Power Master Operators for many years near Rochester. But we decided to give only few basic tips. The reason is that Power Master Operators, and rollup doors can be dangerous, and if someone will try to install a gate operator, Power Master or Liftmaster, he can end with injuries. The rolling gate operators are installed above ground, and sometime operate a heavy rolling gate. Doing the wrong thing can lead to serious injuries. If you need Power Master gate operator installer in Rochester, get in touch with All Monroe Automatic Rolling Gates Techs today, and we will be there to assist you with any of your steel doors needs.
For Same Day Storefront Roll Up Door Repair.
Call (585) 252-9136